Mission and Vision
Every Cal Poly student is a student of the Bailey College of Science and Mathematics. Everything the faculty and staff do in the Bailey College of Science and Mathematics centers upon enriching the educational experience for Cal Poly students and advocating for their success at Cal Poly and beyond.
As a foundational college, the Bailey College of Science and Mathematics engages in the education of all students who arrive on campus. Our fundamental commitment is to promote their learning, understanding, and appreciation of the disciplines within science, mathematics and education. We strive to demonstrate how our scholarly activities are connected to society and are culturally relevant and how the knowledge we teach and generate can be brought to bear on the most pressing issues facing our world. We are responsible for and take great pride in the success of all Cal Poly students.
We prepare our students to lead the workforce, to matriculate in premier graduate programs, and to grapple with and solve the most complicated issues facing society.
We will engage in the following actions to achieve our mission:
- Advocate for student success.
- Provide opportunities for undergraduate scholarship.
- Solve meaningful problems through collaboration.
- Be a resource for the community and California.
- Improve student learning through innovation.
- Leading the state and nation in stem education.
- Engaging expertise to help California communities and industry.
- Build a nationally-recognized undergraduate program in marine science.