Join the Learn by Doing Community
The College of Science and Mathematics prides itself on a student research-intensive curriculum and a commitment to the success of each of its 2,700 students.
Learn by Doing is at the heart of all we do at Cal Poly. Whether observing dragonflies in Canada or teaching chemistry to local school children, you will apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations. As you do, you will learn to approach new situations with confidence and vision.
Graduates of our 10 undergraduate majors, six graduate majors, and multiple credential programs go on to earn advanced degrees, study medicine, or pursue careers in education, industry, government, and business.
In the College of Science and Mathematics, you'll find
- Close relationships with student-centered faculty members.
- Immersion in real-world research.
- Day-one involvement in labs and hands-on learning.
- Leading-edge equipment and instrumentation.
- Facilities that combine lecture and lab for an immediate, hands-on experience of scientific concepts.
- Academically motivated classmates who will challenge you to learn more and think differently.
- An ideal location that provides living laboratories for many fields of research.
Cal Poly College of Science and Mathematics students thrive in this increasingly scientific and technological world. As a Cal Poly graduate, you will be poised to transform your world through innovative leadership in your profession and community.